Historic site and monument

Castle Thynières Ruins

Partage :

Some ruins remain from this medieval fortress that governed a part of Haute-Auvergne until the 15th century. From the village, follow the "Site et Ruines de Thynières" signs, and turn left on the walking path that leads to the site.

Standing on rocky promontory, there are only a few remains left from this end of Middle-Ages castle. This former fortress, which governed a whole part of Haute Auvergne, belonged to Catherine de’ Medici, daughter to Madeleine de La Tour d'Auvergne. The last owner, Dubois de Saint-Étienne, bought it in 1777 and kept it until the French Revolution. Probably occupied by the English in 1373, it fell into ruins at the end of the 15th century. To get to this major historical site, you will follow a path leading to a fantastic outlook on the two lakes of the dam of Bort.

Tarifs

Free of charge.

Ouverture

Periode d‘ouverture : Ouvert toute l‘année

All year round, daily.

Ça peut vous intéresser
Beaulieu

Church "Sainte-Madeleine, Saint-Sébastien"

Beaulieu

Gardens of Honey and Plant House

  • Animaux acceptés
extérieur
Beaulieu

Hôtel Le Beaulieu (en cours de reprise)

Beaulieu

Bar "Le Beaulieu"

Ordre National des Pharmaciens
Lanobre

Chemist's of Lanobre

Mise à jour le 02/04/2020 Par Office de Tourisme de Sumène Artense
Signaler une erreur
Vos favoris

Votre panier est vide, Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet